Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 4

Ahem, am I the only one who is blogging here (tapping the microphone....)...where are my fellow 24 day challengers!! :)

So, today is my day 4. It is a Saturday... let me answer you a few things:
1. I REALLY wanted a diet dp today. I got a little crabby (sorry Steph!)
2. Went to the gym for kickboxing... only made it half way. I blame a) new instructor b) been busy/haven't made it in a while c) running low on energy! *but hey, I went!
3. it was G-O-R-G-O-U-S in Dallas today...can I get an Amen!? Wanted to go on a hike with the doggies, but I am still tired once 1pm hits so I took a nap and then needed to pack. (Which I am supposed to be doing right now, and look at me... how productive am I?)
4. All that to stay I stuck to my meals and snacks and NO MIMOSAS or DDP! =) WOOHOO! I am proud of myself!

I am hoping day 5/half way mark through the cleanse I begin to feel a little better. It makes me sad how crappy I have felt. Well, not crappy... I feel fine but, I have been getting these killer headaches. Daily. Sometimes maybe twice a day. :/ My body is pushing a heck of a lot of toxins out of my body, apparently. The crap we put into our bodies....is not cool. And this verse comes to mind when I type this:
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20


The past 4 days and I am sure I will continue to feel this way, makes me really embrace that scripture. We all need to remember that our bodies are a temple and treat them as one. We have to stop putting crap in our bodies!!


All that being said I finally made Spaghetti Squash! I feel like there is some hype about this, or maybe i watch too much of the biggest looser, so I have been wanting to try it. Let me just say-- it was DELISH! See awesome photos below for instructions!

The ingredients I used (i feel like you could throw whatever veggies you liked into create your sauce these were just ones I liked)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 can of organic tomato sauce
- 1 squash
- 1 zuchinni
- 1/4 onion
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- salt, peper, 1 tbs olive oil










Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment